PROFILE OF HON. KWABENA OKYERE DARKO-MENSAH (MP)
He is a product of Mfantsipim School and a graduate of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and University of Cape Coast. Whilst on campus he acted as the Director of Trade and Technology fair KNUST Tratech 2000. He is a member of the New Patriotic Party and currently the Deputy Minister for Aviation in Ghana and presently the Chairman of the Joint Aviation-Tourism Inter-Ministerial Committee. He has also served on three (3) terms as member of Parliament for Sekondi-Takoradi, the Oil city.
He has held a number of Government positions which include:
- Finance committee chairman of Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan Assembly
- Director, Raybow International Hotel, Takoradi
- Managing Director of E-Base (introduction of broadband internet to Western Region)
- Drake Total Marketing & Services
- Director, Rainguard Engineering and Construction and
- Director, Organisation for Rural Eduaction Developers
Hon. Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah has also served on the following committee of Parliament:
- Business Committee
- Foreign Affairs Committee
- Education Committee
- Subsidiary Legislation Committee
He was also the Deputy Ranking Member of Roads and Transport Committee and Vice Chairman of Roads and Transport Committee of Parliament. He was a member of the Presidential Transitional Team on Energy and Natural Resource, 2017.