Research Statistics and Information Management Directorate (RSIM)
This Directorate conducts and researches into policy and strategy options, compiles and analyses data for the Ministry in particular and government as a whole. It maintains a data bank for effective and efficient decision-making.
This Directorate also projects the good image of the Sector both within and outside the country by disseminating information on the Ministry’s policies, activities and procedures as well as providing a mechanism for receiving feedback on Government’s policies and activities.
The directorate is composed of the following units:
- Research and Statistics Unit: It conducts research into the activities of the Ministry. It also ensures that requisite data is available for decision-making. It also acts as databank for the Ministry including;
- Collection and processing of statistics relating to areas of the industry, which the Ministry has jurisdiction over. (i.e. all stakeholders).
- Liaises with other research and statistics bodies within and outside the industry.
- Routine collection and processing of statistics on the internal operations of the Ministry
- Enumerating all areas where research and analysis is required.
- Developing business ideas that would contribute positively to the overall performance of the Ministry.
- Information Management Unit: The Unit is responsible for the Documentation Centre and for collating required data to create a database for the Ministry. It leads in creating the appropriate policy strategies for branding and building the corporate image for the success of government business within the sector.